Lush Creamy Candy Bubble Bar Review




 Lush's Cream Candy is a product I've heard a lot about on the various Lush blogs I follow. This is actually my very first Bubble Bar. Lush describes Creamy Bandy as "sweet, frothy, and fluffy bubbles that smell like delicate vanilla candies and cotton candy. In fact, you'll feel like you were bathing in your favorite sweet shop. Our sweetest bubble selection, Creamy Candy is for those who love their bubbles bright pink and delightfully sugary. Its a combination of a luxury bath melt and bubble bar, loaded with generous chunks of cocoa butter to melt and softly moisturize your entire body while you bath." The Creamy Candy Bubble Bar was sent to me as a gift by my friend Rae. This Bubble Bar weighs approximately 3.5 oz and sells for $7.40, which is pretty pricey for what it is. (Rae's lucky, Lush is so cheap in the UK!) Creamy Candy is hand made and vegan friendly. I assume this bubble bar was made in the UK. Lush products can be bought through the brand's website, and at Lush shops and kiosks.

 Because Creamy Candy is hand made, there's some variance in appearance, but for the most part this bubble bar is a light pink rectangle with a small candy flower pressed into the top. Compared to other Lush Bubble Bars, Creamy Candy is quite small and is only good for 2-3 baths. The texture of Creamy Candy is very soft and crumbly, making it easy to cut into smaller portions and crumble into the water.
 I wasn't really sure what to expect from the Creamy Candy Bubble Bar, they're such a strange concept. I read that they create mounds of bubbles and are best when used through a strainer or old stocking. I cut this bubble bar into thirds. The first two chunks left me very underwhelmed. I crumbled them under running water, and they made barely any bubbles. Today, I used my final chunk and decided to try the stocking method. I stuffed my last bit of Creamy Candy into the stocking - an unneeded relic from my Catholic school days - and smashed it, tying the stocking to the faucet. Wow, what a difference an old sock can make! This Bubble Bar produced a fair bit of bubbles and tinged the water a light pink. Creamy Candy's bubbles lasted decently, about twenty minutes. I can see why Lush named this product Creamy Candy, because it imparts a good deal of moisturizing properties into the water; not as much as Loova's Bath Blasters, and not so much that I don't feel like I need a lotion after my bath, but it makes a difference. Creamy Candy shares the same scent as some of Lush's other best sellers; Rockstar Soap, Snow Fairy Shower Gel, and Bubblegum Lip Scrub. The scent is great, it really smells like a vanilla candy or frosting, but with a musky base. The scent of Creamy Candy fills the room, but doesn't linger on the skin.
I liked Lush's Creamy Candy Bubble Bar. I wish I'd tried the stocking method sooner, and definitely recommend trying it for any other Bubble Bar  Noobz. I say it about all products like this, but I wouldn't purchase Creamy Candy for myself, it's frivolous and expensive, but they make nice gifts, so thanks Rae for this little treat, I really enjoyed it, especially because it isn't something I would've tried on my own. If you're planning to indulge in a sweet, bubbly treat from Lush sometime soon, Creamy Candy Bubble Bar is a good choice. 


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Lauryl Betaine , Laureth 4 , Fragrance , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Cocoamide DEA , Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia) , D&C Red No. 33 , Candy Flower (Sucrose, Corn Starch, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, FD&C Yellow No. 5 & FD&C Yellow No. 6)


Leave a Comment

  1. Wish I could take bubble baths! My tub here at college is kind of gross :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could take bubble baths! I have a tub but I need to invest in a stopper for the drain. Until then, I can just envy your wonderful lush posts!

    www.boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...