L'Occitane Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream Review

L'Occitane says the "The Light Shea Butter Comforting Cream, with its fine and non-greasy texture, is formulated with 5% shea butter to answer the essential needs of normal to combination skin, including sensitive skin types. Lastingly moisturized (48h)*, skin is supple and soft. As protected against external aggressions, skin stays comfortable all day long." This shea butter packed moisturizer contains 1.7 fl oz (50ml) and sells for $28. I received a deluxe sample of the Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream in Influenster's Refresh Vox Box. Unfortunately, L'Occitane is not cruelty free. This face cream was made in France, with shea butter sourced from Burkina Faso.

L'Occitane's Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream comes in a clear jar with a screw off metal lid. The L'Occitane logo and product name are printed on a blue and white label. While this moisturizer's full size packaging is lovely and luxe, its not very sanitary - I'm not at all a fan of moisturizers in a jar.

The Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream is a rich, emollient, but light white cream. You need just the smallest amount of this moisturizer for your entire face and neck. L'Occitane's Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream sinks in completely in less than two minutes, leaving skin feeling hydrated, plumper, and softer to the toucher without being oily. The moisture doesn't seem to be very long lasting, my skin feels thirsty again after just two or three hours. This cream is softening and soothing, it feels very pleasant on the skin, but it just isn't what I need. I'm not sure if its the crazy, cold weather we've been having here, but the Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream doesn't cut it for me. This moisturizer is heavily fragranced with a scent that I can't quite put my finger on, but its very L'Occitane-y, if you know what I mean. Its a clean, laundry-like scent, like a milder, less musky version of Estee Lauder's White Linen.

L'Occitane's Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream is nice, but not for me. Packaging is very pretty, but jar style packaging for moisturizers is kinda iffy. This cream feels lovely on the skin, but it isn't moisturizing for my normal skin, at least not at this time of year. L'Occitane's Light Comforting Cream would be nice for normal to slightly oily skin. If you avoid heavily fragranced skincare products, skip this product (and most of L'Occitane's skincare). If you want to splurge on a fancy face cream and you have the right skin type, this moisturizer could be worth trying.






Ingredients:
Unavailable.

Disclosure:
This product was sent to me for review by Influenster. My opinions were not influenced by L'Occitane, Influenster, or any other third parties. This post contains affiliated links/referral codes.

4 comments

  1. Great blog♥

    How about follow each other?
    I follow your blog. Waiting for you♥
    My Blog: http://juliemcqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely passing on this one! I've been curious about the brand, but the whole not being CF thing is a deal breaker! Thanks for the in depth review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You welcome. I hate that L'Occitane doesn't list their ingredients on their site either, that makes me want to steer clear tbh.

      Delete
  3. Hidden ingredients bodes well lol

    ReplyDelete