Hask Macadamia Oil Hair Care Range Review




Hask Hair Care has really grabbed my attention over the last few months - I've tried multiple samples and was very impressed by all of them! When Hask offered to send me their Macadamia Oil Moisturizing range, I could barely contain my excitement! The Macadamia Oil line offers all the benefits of this Australian nut's fatty acids without drying and damaging sulfates, parabens, gluten, and non-fatty alcohols. These affordable hair care treats are available at Ulta, Target, and drugstores and major retailers in 30+ countries. Hask's cruelty free and responsibly sourced products are made in the USA. 

Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shampoo
12 fl oz (355ml) - $5.99

Hask says "dry hair is thirsty hair! Quench its thirst with Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shampoo. Infused with antioxidant-rich Macadamia Oil to replenish and hydrate, this shampoo gently cleanses while it repairs and adds moisture, leaving even the most parched hair whisper-soft and incredibly shiny." The Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shampoo is thick and rich, and despite being SLS free, it works into a very rich lather. Even the smallest amount of this shampoo whips into a mountain of suds that can be a little difficult to rinse out. The Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shampoo is just has hydrating as Hask says it'll be - so much so that I don't really feel the need to use the coordinating conditioner! All that moisture does have a downside though - Hask's macadamia enriched shampoo isn't super effective at cleaning my hair - while it does rinse away oil and product, I need to wash my hair slightly more often than I like to, about every other day. I'm pleased to report that this shampoo has no negative effects on my hair, scalp, or henna color. 


Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Conditioner
12 fl oz (355ml) - $5.99

The Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Conditioner is so thick and viscous, its difficult to get any out of the bottle! Surprisingly, this ultra rich conditioner spreads easily through my thick hair, and rinses out just as effortlessly. Hask recommends leaving this conditioner in for a minimum of 2 minutes, but I usually let it sit for five or so. The Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Conditioner is quite hydrating and does an excellent job at loosening up any knots or matted spots - I love a conditioner that helps to detangle! On the other hand, this mega hydrating conditioner can really weigh my hair down - I have to be very careful to apply it to just the ends of my hair to avoid flat, greasy hair. Of the four products, the Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Conditioner is my least favorite, but I still like it well enough.
Macadamia Oil Revitalizing Shine Treatment
.62 fl oz (18ml) - $2.99

Hask says "dry hair is thirsty hair! Quench its thirst with Hask Macadamia Oil Moisturizing Shine Oil. This lightweight, instant absorbing oil is alcohol-free and rich in Omega 7, Vitamin E & Antioxidants. Macadamia Oil helps to replenish moisture and seal the hair cuticle for added softness to transform dry, damaged hair into soft, silky locks. The delicious scent will delight your senses." I love a good oil, they're probably my favorite types of hair care products, and that means I can be very choosy about them! Despite my pickiness, the Macadamia Revitalizing Shine Treatment meets all my standards! This smooth, mid-weight oil absorbs quickly and adds shine without looking or feeling sticky, greasy, or dirty. The Revitalizing Shine oil also adds light hydration and prevents new knots from forming without adding any weight to the hair. The best part of this oil is the value - I thought I'd blow through this tiny vial, but after ten uses I've only used about a third of the oil - so its safe to say a little bit goes a long way! I should also mention that the Macadamia Oil Revitalizing Shine Treatment won't leave your hands too greasy, and washes off with soap and water.
Macadamia Oil Hydrating Deep Conditioning Treatment
1.75 oz (50g) - $2.99 

According to Hask "this deep conditioner is an ultra restorative, moisturizing treatment that will rejuvenate dry, damaged, chemically treated or over processed hair. Macadamia Oil, native to Australia is known for its absorbing, deep penetrating and cuticle sealing qualities while leaving even the most damaged hair soft and nourished for incredible shine." The Macadamia Oil Hydrating Deep Conditioner is excellent. This hair mask is beyond thick - its dense, and similar in consistency to cream cheese. This heavy conditioner spreads easily through wet hair and is meant to be left in for at least ten minutes. This treatment is a little difficult to rinse out, but the results are worth it! Hask's Macadamia Oil Deep Conditioning Treatment leaves my hair silky, shiny, and tangle free without any added weight! While no product can truly treat split ends, this hair mask is a great quick fix - my dead ends look almost good as new for days after using it. My only complaint is the inconvenient packaging - the Macadamia Oil Hydrating Deep Conditioning Treatment comes in a large foil packet that can't be resealed - it seems like Hask intends for this to be a one time use mask, but even with my long, thick hair I've gotten three uses out of it. I also found it very difficult to squeeze all of the conditioner out, I ended up cutting into the packet and spooning product out into a small Tupperware container. Personally I'd skip the Macadamia Oil Conditioner and just pick up a few packets of the Deep Conditioning Treatment. Of the four products in Hask's Macadamia Oil line, this is easily my favorite, and may have replaced Briogeo's Don't Despair, Repair as my favorite hair mask - and its so much more affordable! 
                                                                                       

Hask's Macadamia Oil Hair Care range is a fantastic, affordable, and readily available line for those with dry hair! All four products are hydrating, and softening, and leave me with soft, shiny, tangle-free hair - not to mention they have a delicious vanilla nut scent that lingers softly in the hair. While I wouldn't repurchase products from the Macadamia line, I'm definitely left with a taste for more Hask products - the Argan Oil line is truly tempting me! If you're looking to branch out and try a new hair care brand, I definitely suggest taking a closer look at Hask's products - at least treat yourself to one of their affordable oil vials or conditioner packets. I think you'll be as impressed as I am. 


Shampoo Ingredients:
Water, Sodium C14-26 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MEA, Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Fragrance, Sodium Chloride, Macadamia Nut Seed Oil, Jojoba Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Pantheol, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, C12-13 Pareth 3, C12-13 Pareth 23, Polyquaternium 10, Dicaprylyl Ether, Decyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium 7

Conditioner Ingredients:
Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Paraben, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Fragrance, Macadamia Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Corn Protein, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Panthenol, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Citric Acid, C12-13 Pareth 3, C12-13 Pareth 23, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol 

Oil Ingredients:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Keratin Amino Acids, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil,Tocopherol (Vitamin E0, Iodopropynyl Butycabamate, Benzophenone-3, Fragrance (Parfum)


Mask Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Lanolin, Quaternium 18, Macadamia Nut Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Silk Amino Acids, Black Walnut Leaf Extract, Jojoba Seed Oil, Panthenol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Caramel, Yellow 5, Green 5, DMDM Hydatonin, Fragrance


Disclosure:

These products were sent to my by BrandBacker for review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by BrandBacker, Hask, or any other third party. 



Leave a Comment

  1. I love the oils, but couldn't find any when I ran out, so I have a big bottle of another brand right now. Of course, now Walmart has the oil & mask in stock...I'll have to go pick up the mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it as much as I do it!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...