Out with the Old - March 2017 Empties

March's Empties feel like such a mixed bag of products - there's just no theme or order to them. The eleven products I finished are a mix of frequent Out with the Old appearances like my favorite shampoo and clay mask, and products I nearly never toss out like brushes. As always, products I intend to repurchase, or already had a back up of, will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to read about what I used up in March.

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Shampoo*
A frequently featured product in my empties, this shampoo has been my favorite for a year now. I recently deviated from my Extraordinary Oil habit to try another shampoo and conditioner from L'Oreal's Elvive Line, but I know I'll be coming back to this one when I run out.

Proactiv Complexion Perfecting Hydrator^
This lightweight moisturizer failed to leave me with any strong impression. I have a full review coming up soon, but I've been stuck on what to say, because I've completely used up the jar and nothing about it really stood out about it.

Dove Cucumber Green Tea Go Fresh Deodorant*
This roll on deodorant has a fresh scent and keeps odor to a minimum. As an antiperspirant it isn't super effective, but it gets the job done well enough that I bought it again.

Formula 10.0.6 No Time To Shine Mud Mask*
Another product you're probably sick of seeing in my empties. This clay mask is great for soaking up extra oil and helping to fight acne - the kind of thing I always have on hand. I'm currently trialing a similar product from a different brand, but I'm sure I'll use No Time To Shine again in the future.

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
Rimmel is constantly reformulating their Match Perfection Foundation, and I'm not even sure if this is up to date. I bought this particular bottle almost a year ago and liked it well enough, though not as much as it's previous incarnation. I felt like something was slightly off about the way the latest Match Perfection sat on my skin, but the shade match was so good that I was able to ignore it. I'll try the next Match Perfection formulation Rimmel will undoubtedly release soon, but I wouldn't buy this version again.

This hypnotically teal hand sanitizer wasn't my favorite. Turquoise Waters smelled like a generic men's cologne and it was exceptionally potent, lingering on the skin for far longer than I'd prefer my hand sanitizers to.

Pokemon Framboise Hand Balm
A friend traveled to Japan and pickedup this little tin of raspberry hand cream for me at the Pokemon Centre. The balm it's self was nothing special, but the tin is adorable and I'm keeping it to store hair clips and the like. 

I love a good glossy black nail polish - it goes with everything, and manages to be chic while also reminding everyone not to fuck with me. I've had this bottle of black lacquer for about two years, and I used probably 3/4 of it before it became too thick to apply well. I'm going to pick up another bottle next time I'm at Priceline, because for $4AUD, I won't find better.

ELF Eyeshadow Brush*
I have an endless supply of ELF's $1 Eyeshadow Brushes - at least ten - I think they're one of the best drugstore products out there. This one is past it's prime, and has lost a significant amount of bristles, so it's getting tossed. I won't be repurchasing immediately, but I will pick more of these shading brushes up in the future.

Margaret Dabbs Crystal Nail File*
I recently preached about how impressive this glass nail file is - how it held a permanent place in my heart, and how I'd buy it again if anything unfortunate were to happen. Well, something unfortunate did happen, though I'm not sure what. One day I reached for my crystal file and it was just completely shattered in the case. It was an unexpected and devastating loss. I'll be repurchasing asap.

Nexxus Humectress Luxe Ultimate Moisture Leave in Spray*^
A last minute inclusion, I finished this excellent leave in spray after taking my photo for this post. Nexxus' Humectress Luxe Leave In keeps my hair silky, hydrated, and easy to manage (and it smells delicious). I have another bottle en route as we speak. 


What have you finished lately?


Disclosure
Products marked with a ^ were sent to me as a press sample.

2 comments

  1. I need to try the formula 10.0.6 brand. I have a deluxe sample of a mask that I got in a previous Ipsy bag, but never used it.

    ReplyDelete