Out with the Old - May 2017

I thought I finished more than a dozen products in May, so I was rather surprised to dump out my empties bag and find just ten products! Most of them came in big packaging, so I guess that's why I assumed there was so much more than there was. As always, products I plan to repurchase or already had a back up of will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to see what I finished in the month of May.

Batiste Blush Dry Shampoo*^
Rarely does an empties post go by without a can of my favorite dry shampoo making an appearance. This month I finished off a bottle of Batiste's Blush scent, which is a little too floral for my liking, but it gets the job done. I'm working on a can of the Tropical scent now, and you're likely to see it in June's empties post.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water*
This is the only makeup remover I use! Garnier's Micellar Water is so effective and gentle, and one bottle lasts me a good four months. A forever repurchase that I think I've sung the praises of often enough that I don't need to say anymore.

Garnier Intensive 7 Day Repairing Lotion*
Another long term favorite from Garnier, this body lotion is lightweight but deeply moisturizing. The scent is pleasant, but not anything exciting - it just smells like a Garnier product. While I like having a more fun and frivolous lotion on hand when I want to treat myself, the Intensive 7 Day Repairing Lotion is a great day to day product.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara
I've had two samples of Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes mascara in the past and liked it well enough that I decided to finally commit to a full sized tube. The formula was a little different that I remembered - more thickening, mainly. I had intended to re-review it, but never got around to it before my tube dried up on me. I may pick it up again in the future, but I think I'd like to buy Tarte's Gifted Mascara again first.

Soap&Glory Smoothie Star Lightly Whipped Body Butter*^
I don't really think of myself as a body butter person really, they tend to be too heavy for my liking, but that wasn't the case at all with Soap&Glory's Smoothie Star Whipped Body Butter (another product I wanted to review but didn't). This body butter was, as the name implies, whipped and fluffy in texture, and it melted onto the skin, leaving it very soft and hydrated. I never did make up my mind if I liked the pistachio and almond fragrance, which was quite strong and lasted on the skin for several hours after application. I'd love to pick up another tub - both to enjoy and to review.

Neutrogena HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser
This was my second bottle of Neutrogena's HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser, and maybe my last. I do enjoy this light and gentle foaming cleanser, but not enough to repurchase it for a third time. I'm just too addicted to trying new cleansers.

Maybelline Rose Redefined Color Elixir
Rarely do I finish a lip gloss, so you know I loved Maybelline's Rose Redefined Color Elixir. This ultra shiny rose hued gloss had a nourishing and comfortable formula that was a joy to wear. I kept Rose Redefined in my purse, as my go-with-anything gloss for a long time, and it finally ran dry on me at the beginning of May. Unfortunately, this shade isn't available in Australia, so I can't repurchase it, but I do love Maybelline's Color Elixirs, and I'll pick up another shade if I find one I like.

Dettol Cucumber Melon Soft on Skin Hand Soap*
The only hand soap we use in our household. The refill bottle is brilliant, as it refills two smaller bottles twice for only $5 - a fantastic value.

This is my favorite facial SPF - it doesn't do much in the way of moisturizing, but I trust it to protect my skin from the harsh Australian sun without messing with my makeup or causing me to break out. I've already started my third bottle. 

I'm a bit of an eye cream skeptic honestly, and Rodan+Fields Redefine eye cream hardly converted me to a believer. This eye cream was fairly moisturizing, but instead of containing any active ingredients to improve the skin, it relied on pigments and silicones to blur under eye imperfections. At it's steep price point, that's unacceptable, at least in my opinion. 

What have you finished lately?


Disclosure:
Products marked with an (^) were sent to me as press samples

No comments