Lush Sunnyside Bubble Bar Review




Lush says "Cross to the sunny side of life by bathing in gold. This mood-enhancing bar of indulgence turns the water bright gold and has a shimmer to it, while filling the room with a cheerful aroma. You’ll feel bright and right as you step out of the bath thanks to the blend of sweet wild orange, lemon and tangerine oils to perk you up and enrich your day." Sunnyside is on the larger side for a Bubble Bar, weighing 150g and retailing for $8.95AUD. Lush is cruelty free, and the majority of their products, including the Sunnyside Bubble Bar, are vegan. This product was made in Australia.

Sunnyside is a large, surprisingly heavy, teardrop shaped Bubble Bar that's absolutely coated with flaky gold glitter. While very appealing, it's such a mess! Glitter. Everywhere. On you, your clothes, your towels, your tub, your pouf, your roommate. Forever. If you can't live with that, do not buy Sunnyside. Beneath the bright gold glitter, you'll find a dense bar that's quite difficult to break up - I wound up cutting Sunnyside up with a butter knife. Once cut into chunks, this Bubble Bar crumbles quite easily, without being messy. The texture of Sunnyside is definitely different from the other Bubble Bars I've tried.
Sunnyside is one of the better Bubble Bars that I've tried - I mean they're all good, but this one is particularly nice. A quarter of this gilded Bubble Bar crumbled into an old sock and held under running water will produce a thick blanket of soft, foamy bubbles that last ages - if you want to soak in an hour long bubble bath, this one is for you. Swishing these frothy bubbles aside, you'll find pearlescent yellow water - which isn't pretty, but I promise it's a bit more appealing that my closeup photo shows, it's less cloudy, and more scintillating. As much of a pain as they are to clean up, I'm a bit of a sucker for Lush's sparkly bath products. Though I can't find them in the ingredient list,  Sunnyside imparts some sort of moisturizing factors into the water, so you're left with silky, soft skin after you're bath.
 I chose Sunnyside because I love lemons. I love how they taste on their own and in combination with other foods, I love the way they look on my counter, and usually I love how they smell - but that fresh and zesty scent didn't translate well into this Bubble Bar. Sunnyside's fragrance was a real let down for me - it's a purely soapy lemon scent that smells like a cleaning product more than a fresh piece of fruit. There's a vague earthiness to Sunnyside, but it's overshadowed by it's 'lemony fresh' factor. Certainly, it's a scent that I don't hate, but I'd rather my kitchen floor smell this way than my bath water. Thankfully, the fragrance doesn't linger on the skin.
I am honestly so torn on Lush's Sunnyside Bubble Bar. When it comes to function, it's one of my favorites, but the scent just isn't for me. Sunnyside's rich bubbles and soft, shimmering water are a real treat, if you don't mind a 'clean' lemon scent. In my personal opinion, Lush does some better citrus scents, so I'll be sticking to the likes of Big Bang and Brightside - but I'll miss the glitter.


Ingredients:
Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Radiant Gold Lustre, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Sweet Wild Orange Oil, Fragrance, Lemon Oil, Tangerine Oil, Lillal, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Gold Glimmer Lustre

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...