Out with the Old - July 2017 Empties

July was my biggest empties month in ages - probably since I moved to Sydney! I finished a massive 17 products, nearly double what I finish in an average month. Granted, a lot of them were sample packets, but I still feel just a little bit proud of mountain of empty products. Products that I intend to repurchase will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to read a little more about each product I finished this month.

Nip+Fab Extreme Glycolic Fix Night Pads*
I was a long time fan of Nip+Fab's regular Glycolic Fix Pads, but I decided to make the switch to the Gylcolic Fix Extreme Night Pads for a stronger exfoliation. I have a review in the works that should be going up in the next day or two, so I won't say to much other than I've already started my next tub. 

Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturizer*
Another product with a review coming soon, I loved the Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturizer so much more than I expected to. Generally, I'm not a big fan of green beauty products, but maybe Sukin's range will change that. I already repurchased this moisturizer, and I'm thirsty for more of this natural Aussie brand's products. 

Probably my favorite product from Lush, Don't Look at Me is a bright blue exfoliating clay mask that never fails to perk up my complexion. This lemon infused mask is so fun to use, and it immediately brightens my skin while temporarily reducing redness. I'm turning in some Lush pots soon, and I'll likely pick this mask back up (though Rosy Cheeks does tempt me).
My favorite non-exfoliating clay mask.  This orange scented clay mask provides a lot of the same results as Don't Look at Me, without the physical exfoliation. I've gone through numerous tubes and sachets of Deep Down Detox, and I'll be picking another one up today while it's 40% off at Priceline.

I received a mini jar of this moisturizer from Influenster a couple of years ago, and then two sample packets with a L'Occitane purchase. I do like the Light Comforting Cream, but not enough to buy it. The texture of this 5% shea moisturizer is a joy to work with, and it really does seem to soothe the skin, but the effects don't last. If I'm honest, my favorite thing about this moisturizer is the scent - it reminds me of my mum. 

Mizon Water Volume Ex Cream
I've been a little interested in Mizon's Water Volume line, so I was very pleased when a Mecca employee slipped this sample into my bag. I got two uses out of this packet, and I can't say that it left much of an impression on me. This light, watery gel seemed to hydrate the skin well, but it also left my skin tacky in an unpleasant way. I may ask for a larger sample during my next Mecca purchase, just to get more of a feel for Mizon's products. 

I had mixed feelings about Rodan+Fields' Micro-Dermabrasion Paste. This product is definitely mis-named, but it did make my skin smoother, softer, and brighter after each use. My main complaint about this product is the absurdly high pricing - plus Rodan+Fields' MLM style marketing is hard for me to get behind. 

Dermalogica Active Moist Moisturizer
I used this sample at the beginning of the month and it wasn't memorable in the slightest. If I recall correctly, Dermalogica's Active Moist was a lightweight gel cream with a strong herbal scent. This moisturizer left my skin feeling a little tight and itchy. Not for me at all. 
Covergirl's Clump Crusher was my top mascara for FIVE YEARS. That's how long I've loved this mascara. I can't tell you how many tubes I went through in this half decade long committed relationship, but I can tell you that this is my last one for a while. For some reason, Clump Crusher just doesn't do it for me anymore. I may repurchase it again in the future, but for now I'm sticking with Pür Cosmetics Fully Charged Mascara.

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation*
I loved this foundation! True Match Lumi is a thin, dewy, easy to work with foundation that provides light to medium coverage with a realistic skin finish. I wrote a full review for this foundation last year and never posted it because I didn't take photos before the writing wore off of the bottle. The post is sitting in my drafts, ready to go, and it'll go up as soon as I buy my next bottle. 

Velvet Sugar was never one of my favorite Bath&BodyWorks scents, but it was nice enough for me to use every day for nearly a year. This fragrance was a sweet and fresh mix of strawberries, warm sugar, and a soft floral note that kept it from being too juvenile. Velvet Sugar was recently discontinued, so I couldn't repurchase even if I wanted to.

Spray&Play is the only hairspray I've used for years. The moderately strong yet flexible hold is perfect for my buns and braids, and it doesn't leave a residue. I've been working on this mini can for about a year and a half (I'm not much of a hairspray user), and it's just now run out. I'll repurchase as soon as I can find a travel sized can somewhere.

A staple in my monthly empties, this month I used up Batiste's Dry Shampoo in my favorite Cherry scent. I don't have anything to say other than this stuff works. I have three jumbo sized cans waiting for me to go through, so you may not see a Batiste Dry Shampoo in next month's post!
Soap&Glory The Breakfast Scrub*^
I love a good body scrub, and Soap&Glory's The Breakfast Scrub is probably the best I've tried, both in function and in value. This maple scented body scrub utilized sugar and salt crystals to leave my skin exceptionally smooth. I had planned a review, but my darling sister in law swiped my tub and used pretty much the entire jar in one sitting. How? I'm not sure. I am sure, however, that I'll repurchase this scrub. 

Lush recently discontinued their bright blue, lemon scented Big Bang Bubble Bar, and to be honest, I get it. Compared to the rest of their Bubble Bars, Big Bang did next to nothing. Sure, it produced SOME bubbles, but they didn't last. I was so underwhelmed that I bought a second one just to see if the first one was a dud. It wasn't. I loved the scent and colour, but Big Bang left a lot to be desired.

I had the opposite experience with Sunnyside. I didn't enjoy this Bubble Bar's scent or colour, but it was an epic bubble maker. Sunnyside made tons of bubbles, all while coating my body and bathtub in golden glitter. I wouldn't repurchase because the scent isn't my style, but this is definitely a good one if you want lots and lots of frothy bubbles.

Dettol Jasmine&Almond Dream Soft on Skin Hand Soap*
If you read my Out with the Old posts regularly, you'd know that the only hand soap I use and trust is Dettol's Soft on Skin. Our local Woolies was out of the normal scents that I purchase, so I decided to give Jasmine&Almond Dream a try. The scent is nice, it definitely smells like both almonds and jasmine, but it's just a little strong for my tastes. I'd still probably buy it again, but I haven't seen it in stores since. 

What have you finished lately?


Disclosure:
Products marked with an (^) were sent to me as press samples

No comments